What is WIC?
WIC is a special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children funded by the United States Department of Agriculture. The program provides nutritious foods and nutrition education to eligible participants.
WIC strives to improve the health of participants by providing the following benefits:
Am I eligible?
WIC is offered to persons who meet the following eligibility requirements:
Must be categorically eligible, be at nutritional risk, must be a Missouri resident, and must meet income guidelines.
WIC serves participants from the following categories:
* Pregnant Women
* Postpartum Women (up to 6 months after delivery)
* Breastfeeding Women (up to 12 months after delivery)
* Children up to 5 years of age
A nutrition/health assessment will be completed at each certification and may include:
* Height & Weight Measurements
* Health History & Diet Assessment